Please contact us for a case consultation.
The Law Office of Alison F. Triessl
15300 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 300
Sherman Oaks, California 91403
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW IF CONTACTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT:
Here is what to do if your are contacted by law enforcement:
- In public: “I would like to go about my business. If I am free to leave, I request to do so.”
- If you are told that you have the right to an attorney before questioning: “I do not wish to appear uncooperative but I refuse to answer any questions without my attorney present. My law firm is the Law Office of Alison Triessl at (818) 990-2033.”
- If you are asked for consent to search: “I do not consent to any searches of my person, property or vehicle.”
- If you are asked for entrance into your home: “You do not have permission to come into my home.”
- If you are over 21 and are stopped on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs: “I will not take any field sobriety tests and I will not take the PAS test (the preliminary alcohol screening test).”
- If you are under 21 and are stopped on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs: “I will not take any field sobriety tests.” You are not permitted to refuse the PAS test.
- If you arrested for DUI: The officer must give you the option to take either a breath or blood test. A urine test may be among the test choices if the officer suspects that you are under the influence of a controlled substance. You must submit to one of these tests: you do not have the right to an attorney when making this choice or at any time before or during the test